Mission and Values
Edenwald is a community with a long history and a strong sense of its values. These values define us as an organization, set a tone for our interactions and drive our decisions in support of our Mission.
In 2019, we reassessed our Mission and further defined and clarified our Values; hearing from staff, residents and Board Members we reaffirmed those things that define as a community, those qualities that make Edenwald the amazing family that it is.
Mission and Values
Mission – Edenwald creates a caring community inspiring people to thrive and live lives of significance.
- Truly connecting and knowing our neighbors
- Creating meaningful bonds
- Celebrating diversity
- Treating people the way we want to be treated
- Reinforcing the value we see in all people
- Being honest and respectful
- Being transparent and keeping people informed
- Embracing dialogue and collaboration
- Encouraging people to be active and involved
- Sharing our blessings and giving back to the community
- Striving to continue to learn and grow
- Providing the support that enables people to reach their greatest potential
- Honoring our history and our promise to serve the community
- Being good stewards of our resources
- Caring for our community and the environment
Edenwald is committed to providing equal opportunities, services and experiences to all residents. Edenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of community life.
Equal Visitation Policy
It is the standard of Edenwald to encourage residents to have guests of their choice that will be treated in accordance with Edenwald’s Non-Discrimination policy and to establish guidelines that make that possible while maintaining smooth operations and limited disruption to other residents. Independent living residents shall be permitted to have guests of their choice in their Independent Living Apartment subject to Edenwald’s Standards and Guidelines.