Edenwald COVID-19 Update 7/23/2020
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of Edenwald,
We remain unchanged in our impact from the COVID-19 virus. The chart below summarizes our positive cases since the start of the pandemic.
As you may be aware, we began weekly testing of all staff and healthcare/assisted living residents the week of July 6th. Week One test results all arrived as of today and are all negative. Test results do appear to be taking 5-8 days to be returned from the laboratory. This delay was anticipated due to the volume of tests being processed nationally.
As I reflected in my last communication, COVID cases have been trending upward. Some of this could be driven by the 4th of July holiday, which would make sense from a timing perspective. It would appear that Maryland and Baltimore County trends are not as dramatic as other areas of the country but they have still risen. As a result, Governor Hogan, in his press conference yesterday, reinforced the importance of people being cautious at all times. He also reinforced the necessity of mask wearing and social distancing if you are outside of your home. In line with his comments, I have also heard concern from residents that they are seeing other residents unmasked within Edenwald. Please follow guidance related to masks and social distancing at all times. If you are outside of your apartment, you should have your mask on; unless you are in the pool, alone in the fitness center, or in the midst of dining on the Green Roof. Travel to and from all amenities requires masks.
As I indicated in my Town Hall, Lisha has been planning for reinstating transportation services for grocery shopping. The plan, at this point, is to begin limited bus trips on August 4th.
- Days of service will be Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
- We will add additional days depending on the demand.
- Departure time: 10:00 am.
- 18 passenger bus will be used. A total of 9 residents will be able to register.
- Residents must sign up with transportation to reserve a seat.
- Resident must sign up 24 hours in advance.
- For the time being, we will only shop at Safeway.
- Bus pick-up will be outside the main entrance.
- There will be designated seats on the bus to maintain social distancing.
- Resident must wait until the person ahead of them is seated before boarding.
- A mask or face covering must be worn at all times.
- Residents will be dropped off in front of the grocery store.
- Once the resident returns to Edenwald they must go through temp. screening. The bus driver will deliver groceries to their apartments.
- Driver will also be responsible for sanitation of the bus once it returns.